Monday, June 29, 2020 / by Lindsey Gudger
Selling a home? Get a free home value report
Here are a few important steps you should always take when buying a home:
1. Find a good agent. You want a full-service agent who is trustworthy, knows the market, and knows how to negotiate.
2. Speak with a lender. It’s the most empowering part of the process. They will let you know exactly what you can afford and exactly what your bill will be every month so there’s no more guesswork involved.
3. Find a house. Your agent will take your price point, location, desires, and needs, and help you find the perfect match based on what’s out there.
4. Make an offer. This is where a good agent really comes into play. It isn’t always money that wins the day, but a good negotiator and a strong team on your side will help make your offer more attractive.
5. Escrow. This is the home stretch where your team of professionals takes over to cross the t’s and dot the i’s.
Whether you’re ready to move today or just do some window shopping, it’s always a good time to ask questions. If you have any, you can reach out to me via phone or email. I would love to hear from you.